Internal Quality Assurance Cells (IQAC)
The IQAC is designed for examining Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement (QE) performance of the college. The IQAC may organize the hard work and way of the college towards academic excellence. It not only a hierarchical structure or documentation maintenance body of an institution, but also be a facilitative organ of the institution. It is also helpful for removing deficiency of the institution and enhances the quality of the college.
Composition/Structure of the IQAC
- Principal – Chairperson
- Five senior teachers and one senior administrative official member
- Director or Coordinator – secretary member
- Two external experts on Quality management or Industry or Local Community member
- To develop a quality scheme for regular and catalytic action taken by the institutions to improve the administrative and academic performance of the college.
- To encourage the institutional functioning through quality enhancement with the improvement of quality culture and best practices.
Function of IQAC
- Enlargement and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges;
- Facilitating the learner centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and infra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/ activities of the college, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development of the annual quality assurance report (AQAR) of the college based on Quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body.
- Development of quality culture in the institution.
Benefits of IQAC
- Ensure highest level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and good practices.
- Provide a good decision making to improve the institutional functioning.
- Work as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges.